- RT @C_disidente: Esposa de rapero encarcelado denuncia amenazas de la Seguridad del Estado - martinoticias.com/audio/74886.ht… via @MartiNoticias #Fre… 1 day ago
- En vez de darle tanta publicidad a un grupo musical que defiende la dictadura de #Cuba porque no hablamos de #FreeElCritico, rapero preso? 1 day ago
- RT @360UCV: #10S sociedad civil se concentro en el Palacio de Justicia para apoyar a estudiantes y Lopez #360ucv http://t.co/lIe50wHAIA 1 week ago
- RT @JulioLFonseca: EL PRIMARIO & JULITO feat RAPER ISSAC LAMBÓN 1: youtu.be/qofoW8WqKS0 via @YouTube #Cuba 1 week ago
- RT @JulioLFonseca: #Cuba cada opositor y cada organizacion cuenta, nadie es mas importante que nadie cuando d alcanzar la libertad se trata… 1 week ago
- RT @JulioLFonseca: #Cuba necesita de cada pensamiento que desee liberarla de la dictadura asesina-castrista. Todos contamos fuera y dentro,… 1 week ago
- RT @YusmilaReyna: A la Virgen pediremos Libertad para el Critico Angel Yunier Remon para Alexander Otero presos politicos #UNPACU 1 week ago
- #Cuba Sin libertad y mas violencia en su contra, rapero El Critico sigue tras las rejas por su musica #FreeElCritico: youtube.com/watch?v=fPwzJT… 1 week ago
"Pieces of the Island"-An English Translation
Category Archives: Palenque Vision
March 15, 2013Posted by on
Cuban dissident Isael Poveda Silva, from Guantanamo province, informed on his Twitter account (@IsaelCuba) that, once again, the authorities have lashed out against a young university student that has reached out to the opposition- Juannier Rodriguez Matos. See the tweets here:
The messages explain that the young Juannier participated in the ninth anniversary celebration of the pro-freedom Eastern Democratic Alliance in the town of Antilla during the past month of February, giving a speech about leadership and values. His scholarship in the University of the East, in Santiago de Cuba, was suspended on Wednesday, March 13th, and he will have to go before a disciplinary commission. The same thing has happened with a number of other students who have joined the Alliance or other dissident groups, some of the most recent being Alejandro Hernandez Real and Raday Matos Matos.
More details on the way…
Eastern Democratic Alliance launches new documentary through PalenqueVision, celebrating 9th anniversary
March 2, 2013Posted by on
The repressive methods of the Cuban political police could not impede members of the Eastern Democratic Alliance from coming together in the Eastern town of Antilla to celebrate the 9th anniversary of their foundation this past 16th of February.
PalenqueVision, the audio-visual project of the Alliance, captured the moment of the reunion, in which about 50 dissidents participated. In the video, they send their messages of unity, resistance and loyalty to the struggle for a free Cuba.
Filmed, edited and produced inside the island, here’s “Anniversary of the Alliance“. Congratulations.
For more original content produced by PalenqueVision, visit their YouTube channel.
July 10, 2012Posted by on
Guantanamo: The Frontier of Death is the third documentary by PalenqueVision, the newly founded audio-visual project of the Eastern Democratic Alliance. Like their previous two documentaries- “The Prisons of Cuba: Sequence of Terror” and “Black Hole“- “The Frontier of Death” was filmed and edited by members of the Alliance within the island.
This new documentary investigates the situation in Guantanamo Bay, where thousands of Cubans have crossed in an attempt to search for freedom in the US naval base stationed in that area, and where there are countless fields of land mines, placed there by the Castro regime in the 60’s. The interviewees are victims of these mine explosions and also citizens who have tried to cross the bay for freedom but were returned to Cuba and treated as criminals.
As of now, the documentary only has an all Spanish version but an English subtitled version is on its way.
June 9, 2012Posted by on
Cuban dissidents from the Eastern Democratic Alliance have launched a new audio-visual project dubbed “Palenque Vision”, which will publish documentaries and other similar projects. All the material published through “Palenque Vision” will be filmed, edited and produced from inside of Cuba by the activists themselves, as was the case of their first documentary- “Prisons of Cuba: Sequence of Terror”.
This documentary of nearly 17 minutes was made public this past Wednesday, June 6th in Miami, during a conference in which the coordinator of the Eastern Democratic Alliance- Rolando Rodriguez Lobaina- spoke directly from the island with members of the pro-democracy Assembly of the Resistance and a number of media outlets. The production includes the testimonies of 4 former Cuban political prisoners- José Daniel Ferrer García, Jorge Luis García ‘Antúnez’, Isael Poveda Silva and Rodolfo Barthelemy-who narrate the reality of Cuban political prisons: tortures, beatings, corruption amongst the guards, etc.
According to Lobaina, the documentary took about 6 months to finalize due to the fact the camera operators had to find clandestine ways to travel to the homes of the interviewees, considering that they are constantly under police surveillance. In addition, the producers of the film had to find diverse and creative methods to send the material out of Cuba, seeing as they could not do it through the internet due to state-imposed censorship.
Rodríguez Lobaina added that “Palenque Vision” has opened its own YouTube channel, under the same name, where it will publish all of its projects as they are completed. The channel is an extension of the blog of the Eastern Democratica Alliance, “Palenque Cubano”, where a number of activists publish essays, poems, reports and other literary works which narrate the Cuban reality.
See “Prisons of Cuba: Sequence of Terror” (English subtitles coming soon)