- RT @RosaMariaPaya: Lo que dijimos esta mañana en la #ErmitadelaCaridad martinoticias.com/contentlive/fa… 8 hours ago
- RT @FelixReyesGutie: #Cuba Huelguista Luis E Santos Caballero trasladado dsde la sala d observacion para neurocirugia cama# 8. 9 hours ago
- RT @primavradigital: #Cuba #BillyJoeLandaLinares joven miembro d #RedComunicadoresComunitarios arrestado hoy 4PM. Conducido 11Unidad #PNR. … 9 hours ago
- RT @antunezcuba: Al menos 54 carteles en apoyo a Luis E Caballero se reportaron hoy en ciudad d Camaguey #cuba 10 hours ago
- RT @santacuba1: Santacuba1 hoy 18/6/2013 citiadas las biviendas de opocitores pasificos en grua nueba ciego de avila por la seguridad del e… 11 hours ago
- RT @SantosFSanchez: #Cuba 54 carteles anticastrista y 500 volantes aparesen hoy en camaguey en apollo y solidaridad a luis enrrique santos … 12 hours ago
- RT @SaraMartaCuba: #Cuba en Sta Clara Luis E Santos en huelga d hambre reclama vivienda, dictadura amenaza con demoler casas recién constru… 19 hours ago
- RT @SaraMartaCuba: #Cuba régimen castrista pretende demoler 16 casas y desalojar familias en calle 263 y Final Rpto Abel Sta Maria Boyeros,… 19 hours ago
"Pieces of the Island"-An English Translation
Category Archives: Magaly Otero Suarez
February 11, 2012Posted by on
Three young students from the Camilo Cienfuegos Secondary Level School in Bayamo, Cuba, were expelled for screaming slogans against the Castro dictatorship, according to various dissident sources on the island.
Magaly Otero Suarez, independent journalist from “Hablemos Press”, shared the facts on the website of this independent press agency. From the city of Holguin, dissident Caridad Caballero Batista also narrated the events, in accordance with declarations by dissident Felix Rivero Cordobi, resident of Bayamo, where the protest occurred.
According to the reports, the three students are Yanier Miranda, Saylen Rodríguez and Yuniel Gamboa Tamayo and they are 14 years old. They began to shout slogans against the communist regime, according to Caridad Caballero. Among the phrases shouted were “Down with Fidel” and “Fidel killed Camilo Cienfuegos”. It “occurred right in the middle of morning announcements, when all students and professors of the school were at the same place“, added the dissident.
Felix Rivero Cordobi added that as soon as the spontaneous protest came to an end, “the students were immediately taken to the main offices of the school along with their parents, where they were analyzed and the officials decided to expel them from the school. They opened an expedient for the three students in order to begin a rehabilitation process in a school for minors“.
“The three youths do not have ties to the Cuban opposition“, points out Caridad Caballero, and this is a very significant fact because it proves that “the youth is waking up, they are tired of so much of the same, of mandatory Castro slogans. And they have to say what they feel…and they are“, declared the Lady in White.
Just a few weeks ago during January of the present year (2012) a 16 year old dissident from the Patriotic Union of Cuba (UNPACU)- Enrique Lozada Aguedo- denounced the violence of the regime against him in a video which has been circulating around the internet. Enrique Lozada has been detained, beaten, and constantly threatened by the political police, and the young activist has responded with firmness and by calling on all Cuban students to join the struggle to put an end to the Castro tyranny. Everything indicates that the Cuban Resistance is growing more each time, and an important sector which is joining the cause are the young people, for they are the ones who suffer the most.