- @marcmasferrer @mspianoteacher @BabaluBloggers @albertodelacruz @blogforcuba @johnjsuarez #FF 3 weeks ago
- #SoniaGarroDamadelaDignidad Presa, torturada en #Cuba junta a su esposo por defender la libertad 1 month ago
- RT @Liusantiesteban: Sonia Garro y su esposo Ramon Alejandro están presos en #Cuba porque @RaulCastroR persigue a sus opositores. #SoniaGar… 1 month ago
- RT @DamasdBlanco: Juicio a Dama de Blanco Sonia Garro previsto para el 30 de junio goo.gl/fb/6fZbD 1 month ago
- #FreeAntunez #FreeElCritico #FreeSonia #FreeCuba 1 month ago
- #Cuba Tambien enfrentara juicio por sus ideas el luchador pro-libertad Antunez. Alzemos nuestras voces por el #FreeAntunez 1 month ago
- #Cuba Freedom fighter Antunez to also face trial for his opposition to the dictatorship. No more! #FreeAntunez 1 month ago
- RT @marcmasferrer: #Cuba freedom fighter @antunezcuba under house arrest until he stands trial for 'public disorder' #freeantunez http://t.… 1 month ago
"Pieces of the Island"-An English Translation
National Front Convokes Unity, Civic Actions for the Liberation of Ivonne Malleza and Pays Tribute to Vaclav Havel
December 19, 2011Posted by on
Under a strict vigilance from the political police, various Cuban pro-democracy activists met on the morning of December 19th under the direction of the Orlando Zapata Tamayo National Civic Resistance and Civil Disobedience Front in the home of the distinguished dissident leader, Idania Yanez Contreras, located in Santa Clara. Among those present were Jorge Luis Garcia Perez ‘Antunez’, Rolando Rodriguez Lobaina, Luis Felipe Rojas, Delmides Fidalgo and Idania Yanez, whom all represent various dissident organizations such as the Eastern Democratic Alliance and the Central Opposition Coalition.
Numerous reports confirmed that a dissident by the name of Alberto Reyes was arrested as he was trying to get to the meeting. Despite this repressive atmosphere and constant vigilance on behalf of the regime’s police authorities, the dissidents discussed numerous subjects and launched various messages to the international community, among them an urgent call demanding the release of Ivonne Malleza, her husband Ignacio Martinez, and Isabel Haydee. The three Cubans have been arrested since Wednesday, November 30th after participating in a public protest in Havana’s Fraternity Park.
The following text was drafted by various members of the National Orlando Zapata Tamayo Front and it outlines the topics discussed in the meeting:
Declaration of the Orlando Zapata Tamayo National Front
The Orlando Zapata Tamayo National Civic Resistance and Civil Disobedience Front, in its work meeting with the Central Opposition Coalition and the Eastern Democratic Alliance, has agreed to ratify the alliance with these organizations due to the necessity of seeking the spirit of unity within the non-violent Cuban opposition. The National Front, after a fruitful interchange in regards to the different dynamics of Resistance tactics within the country, acknowledges the work and leadership developed by dissidents Idania Yanez Contreras of the Central Opposition Coalition and Rolando Rodriguez Lobaina of the Eastern Democratic Alliance. Yanez Contreras and Rodriguez Lobaina have effectively promoted and set forth civil activism and resistance in their respective regions. In the same vein, their personal characteristics have led to an increase of pro-democracy activists joining the struggle in both those regions.
The National Front expresses the moral compromise of all its activists with the memory of the martyrs Orlando Zapata Tamayo, Pedro Luis Boitel Abraham, Juan Wilfredo Soto Garcia, and Laura Pollan Toledo. The same way that their examples keep the spirit of the Front alive, we are calling on our activists to not allow anything to destroy the work previously achieved and to combat all forms of division and disenchantment within the dissident forces.
The National Front, and the participants of this work meeting, reaffirm the decision of continuing to carry out coordinated actions for solidarity, and demanding the freedom of Ivonne Galleza Galano, her husband Igancio Martinez, and another participant of the protest they took part in (Isabel Haydee), which led to the arrests of the three activists.
Also, on this day we send our condolences to the relatives and friends of the distinguished Czech politician Vaclav Havel. The National Front salutes his definitive and unobjectionable compromise with the freedom of Cuba.
-Executives of the Orlando Zapata Tamayo National Civic Resistance and Civil Disobedience Front
December 19th, 2011