- RT @martinoticias: Cubanos en Foro por la Libertad de Internet y el Desarrolo Global 2013 #Cuba #sif13 ow.ly/li6Uc 2 hours ago
- RT @martinoticias: Damas de Blanco visitan Radio y TV Martí #Cuba ow.ly/i/2b2c9 2 hours ago
- RT @diariodecuba: AI: Aumenta la represión contra la oposición en la Isla: El Gobierno cubano aumentó la represión contra ... http://t.co/z… 2 hours ago
- RT @PorotraCuba: Por otra Cuba en Cuba Nostalgia fb.me/1xqn4D4T9 3 hours ago
- RT @RosaMariaPaya: 11 meses sin mi padre y Harold.Apoya la investigacion internacional! youtube.com/watch?v=8_0MH-… 3 hours ago
- Angel Yunier Remon denuncia condiciones infrahumanas en carcel de Las Mangas, junto a muchos presos peligrosos, segun @jdanielferrer #Cuba 18 hours ago
- Explica @jdanielferrer que el rapero contestatario Angel Yunier Remom aun esta preso en Las Mangas de Bayamo, ya lleva 2 meses, sin juicio 18 hours ago
- RT @ivanlibre: #Cuba Alrededor de las 5 y 30 de la tarde de hoy fue detenida por la policía la Dama de Blanco Leticia Ramos (cont) http://t… 18 hours ago
"Pieces of the Island"-An English Translation
Update on Jorge Cervantes Garcia (06/17/11)
June 17, 2011Posted by on
Today, June 17th 2011, Jose Daniel Ferrer Garcia has just published a few Tweets in which he informs about the worsening situation of the dissident hunger striker Jorge Cervantes Garcia.
jdanielferrer jose daniel ferrer:
Prisoner Jorge Cervantes continues his hunger strike. Relatives and more than 20 dissidents from Santiago de Cuba demand his freedom outside the hospital
Outside the Santiago Hospital, various dissidents who showed support for the family of the prisoner Jorge Cervantes who is on hunger strike since May 29th
And also through the Facebook of Agustin Cervantes, brother of Jorge Cervantes, he has published an alarming notice where he states that Odelys Cervantes Garcia, his sister, has been kidnapped by State Security. Cubans, wherever we are, we cannot allow another Orlando Zapata Tamayo, another Boitel, and another one of the many who have died in their attempt to achieve freedom. Enough!
Agustin Cervantes’ message (as published on Facebook by also former prisoner Regis Iglesias):
Odelys Cervantes Garcia, sister of Agustin and Jorge Cervantes, has been kidnapped by State Security forces. About an hour ago, our brother Agustin Cervantes spoke with his mother in Cuba via phone. Alba Garcia informed that the health of Jorge is even worse now, saying that Jorge finds himself in a narrow spot between life and death. The doctors continue with their silence, serving as accomplices. Kenia, the wife of Jorge Cervantes, was threatened again while she was with her two young children. The rest of the family which arrived from Las Tunas to protest outside the hospital were also threatened. Kenia told the State Security agents that she will remain outside holding vigil until her husband is freed. Relatives outside, which await some sort of response, have spent a few days without being able to shower, without eating properly, and they have nowhere to rest in the city of Santiago de Cuba. This morning, the State Security chief of Santiago, known as Dorqui, showed up to the hospital and told the relatives of Jorge to leave. After a heated debate, 4 cop cars surrounded the place and violently attacked Kenia, threatening her with denying her custody to her own children. They also responded in this way against Alba Garcia, mother of the hunger strikers, and his sister Odelys which was kidnapped by the oppressive forces–we do not know where she is.
Note sent by Agustin Cervantes to Regis Iglesias
Christian Liberation Movement